The last post about the tankard generated a few requests from people who would like to hold the sacred cup. Great news. So I decided to write a list of everyone who spoke up and said that they fancied a go. The list (below) is the initial sequence in which people will receive the tankard, but allowances will be made for deviations from this route - the tankard will surely assume a life of its own.
So, the list:
- I will send the tankard to Kirsty in Paris
- Kirsty will send it to Marcus in Germany somewhere
- Marcus will send it to Javier (he's in Spain)
- Javier will send it back to Russell in the UK, who might take it to Portland
- Russell will send it to Margot Matilda Evans
- Margot will send it to Tom, who may balance the tankard on his chin
- Tom will send it to Steve in Nigeria (Steve - are you really in Nigeria?)
As stated before, when you receive the tankard, the rules are that you should post a picture of you with it on your blog. The more outlandish the photo/situation, the better. And you should also post trackbacks/links back to Paul and I, so that we can trace its path - for the record, the trackback addresses to use are http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/6410825 (me) and http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/6212018 (Paul)
Like we said above, we are open to deviations, but it would be good if everyone on this list got to hold the tankard at some point, seeing as you are the original seekers of the holy chalice. If anyone has got any better suggestions, I'm all ears.
If not, it'll be sent to Kirsty in Paris in a couple of days' time.